Award-winning Storyboard Media is seeking to appoint an up-and-coming media maker with an eye for the visually stunning and an eagerness to learn through hard work and fun.
Working closely with Storyboard’s experienced director, the filmmaker will expand their capabilities throughout a range of filmmaking disciplines covering pre-production, filming, sound, light, editing and enhancing visuals on fast-moving and fascinating media projects.
This role is being created to increase our general capacity alongside a genuine intention to grow together as we support you in identifying and developing your chosen specialism within filmmaking to an advanced level.
In other words, we want an allrounder to begin with who has the potential and drive to become world class in your chosen specialism.
- Be outgoing, fun, and eager to learn.
- Able to tell a good story.
- Passionate about film.
- Know your way around a camera at any level.
- Experience of film production at any level.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro at any level.
Big plus if you have:
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Audition and/or Da Vinci Resolve.
- In depth knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Have funny stories to keep us entertained on shoots.
- A driving license.
The role will involve:
- Production planning.
The kind of person that will thrive in this role:
- Likes to talk.
- Can explain things to others so that they can easily understand.
- Loves to watch films, and wonders how they made particular shots, as they watch it.
- Watches YouTube, not for talking dogs, but for the tutorials.
- Is meticulous and willing to take an extra frame out of a cut to see if it makes any difference.
Initially we see this as a part-time role with the intention of an option to become a fulltime role within 6 months.
Pay and package:
By negotiation and dependent on experience. Our expectations are that this a graduate / entry level role.
Location and hours:
Flexible working encouraged. Mainly based at our office and studio in Hull. Occasional travel.
Please send expressions of interest, CV, showreel and anything else you think we’d find interesting to email@example.com We have not set a deadline, however we advise interested candidates to contact us as soon as they can!
No recruitment agencies please.
About Storyboard Media
Following a career in music and theatre, Iain Thompson formed NDE Films in 2004. That was the beginning of a journey that has taken him all over the world and through which he has built a sound reputation as a filmmaker with specialisms in time-lapse and aerial filming and photography.
Having honed his craft it was clear to Iain that by combining key aspects of storytelling within client productions meant it would be more memorable and impactful in a way that could change audience attitudes and behaviours.
Following a series of successful and award-winning projects co-produced with writer and social entrepreneur John Gilbert; Iain and John joined forces.
In 2019, the company rebranded as Storyboard Media, moved to brand new premises and invested in enhanced capabilities in podcasting, livestreaming and social media storytelling. Meeting challenges head on we live and work by our values of meaning, excellence, impact and a sense of fun.